Call for young Architects!
The European Horizon 2020 euPolis project is announcing a student competition for the development of an urban-architectural conceptual design for a blue-green park on the Zemun quay with the euPolis eco-educational center building.
The competition is open to architecture students of master’s and doctoral studies at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, to join the euPOLIS project and participate in generating ideas for the themed “blue-green” park and euPOLIS eco-educational center on Zemun Quay in Belgrade, using nature-inspired solutions that have a positive effect on the physical and mental health of its users.
The maximum number of members of one team is 3 students. One team can participate in this competition with only one proposal. One student can participate in this competition only in one team.
POSITIVE IMPACT OF THE PARK ON USER HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
The “blue-green” theme park should become a unique green oasis within which all natural and spatial resources of the location will be used in an uninterrupted natural cycle, and the positive impact of such arrangement and shaping of public green space on human health and well-being will be measurable and indisputable.
Originality and innovation in the application of nature-inspired solutions, understanding and contribution to the euPolis project research process by applying system methodologies during the project process, spatial and functional solutions that encourage community, inclusion, environmental responsibility are ideas that euPolis competition wants to encourage and will be especially valued. choosing a solution and an idea that will be further realized.
The jury will select 1-3 winning works that best meet all program requirements and criteria. Awarded authors/author teams will receive
- cash prizes in the equivalent of EUR 500 (first prize), EUR 300
(second prize) and 200 euros (third prize), which are divided equally between
team members, and acquire the right to:
- become part of the expert team of the international project euPOLIS and participate
in the development of a solution until its realization
- publish their winning work in the international professional euPOLIS magazine
- Participate in the public exhibition of awarded works within the Mixer Festival 2022.
- Deadline for application for participation in the competition: 06.02.2022. via an electronic form
- Submission of tender documentation to registered participants: 08.02.2022.
- Introductory, binding, workshop in the amphitheater of the Faculty of Architecture: 11.02.2022. 12-14 hours
- Phase of development of competition solutions: 11.02.- 11.03.2022.
- Deadline for asking questions: 11.02 – 21.02.2022, via e-mail email@example.com
- Deadline for submission of the competition works is 11.03.2022. until 24:00 via the electronic form on eupolis.mikser.rs
- Evaluation of works 11-30.03.2022.
- Announcement of competition results: 30.03.2022. on the euPolis project website
www.eupolis-project.eu and the Faculty of Architecture www.arh.bg.ac.rs
- Workshop for the elaboration of the most successful solutions – May 2022.
Exhibition of awarded competition solutions – October 2022 (@Mikser Festival)